This Privacy notice outlines our commitment to protecting your personal information and to give you reassurance of our integrity in how we handle personal information. We respect and value the information provided to us and we will only use personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
This Privacy notice applies to personal information we collect, hold and use about you when we carry out our business activities, such as when you enquire about our goods and services, visit our website or other digital platforms, communicate or interact with us or complete any surveys.
We may update our Privacy notice from time to time. Amendments will be published on our web page www.centrix-consulting.com
2. Personal information we collect
The type of information we collect includes name, address, email, phone number and any other information that you provide to us during our interactions.
In most instances, we collect personal information directly from you such as:
- The information you supply when enquiring about or purchasing a product or service (by phone, in person or electronically), when you interact with us via our phone, email, mail, website or when you complete any survey/application forms for us.
- When you engage with us on social media (such as via LinkedIn or Twitter).
- We have surveillance equipment installed at our offices, the footage and audio recorded will be stored and distributed in accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 2020.
- If there is an incident/accident while visiting our offices, we may ask you to complete a Health and Safety form.
- When visiting our website we may collect the following information: the IP address, domain name, the date, time and duration of visits, the pages and documents accessed, the previous site accessed (i.e. the referring URL), the type of browser being used. See also Cookie and identifiers section on other information we may collect.
If we are unable to collect this information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services or carry out a particular activity you have requested or we are required to do.
3. The purpose for collecting personal information & who we may share it with
3.1 Use of information
We collect personal information for the primary purpose of promoting and delivering our products and services. We also collect personal information:
- To improve and personalise your experience with us, such as when you’re interacting with us.
- To communicate with you and answer any questions or provide information or advice.
- For marketing purposes including to market, promote and advertise the products and services of our selected business partners.
- To undertake our administrative and operational functions.
- To comply with laws and regulations.
We will also use your personal information for any purpose permitted by the Privacy Act 2020 or required by any other law.
If we are unable to collect personal information, we may not be able to carry out the specific activity or task, such as provide the products or services as requested.
3.2 How we share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to undertake any of the purposes set out above or were permitted or required by law or as otherwise detailed in this Privacy notice. Recipients of your personal information may include:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, for them to carry out their duties. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, research partners, legal and business advisors.
- Any person where we are required by law to disclose information to. This may include law enforcement and emergency services.
We require any third party to protect personal information against any unauthorised use, access or disclosure in accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 2020.
Cookie information and browsing history is also shared with third parties – see section below on Cookies and identifiers.
3.3 How we hold personal information
Centrix Holdings Ltd stores your personal information in electronic form. We retain this information in our computer systems and databases.
We may use third-party service providers to store your personal information. This may mean that we transfer personal information, or access it from, jurisdictions other than New Zealand and Europe.
We are accountable for your personal information. That means no matter where your information is stored, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service providers we use can meet our privacy and security expectations.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes of collection, or longer if required to by law.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect all personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Regardless of where your personal information is stored, we take reasonable action to ensure that it is protected against loss or unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure. For example:
- Centrix Holdings Ltd systems are protected by modern encryption.
- All employees are required to adhere to the Centrix Holdings Ltd IT and Security policies.
- Our employees undergo information security training.
- Personal information we store is only available to those staff members who have a legitimate business requirement to use it.
- We have a data breach management procedure in place.
4. Cookies and identifiers
4.1 Cookies and identifiers
- To keep track of products or services viewed, so that we can send directly or through third party service providers, information and advertising about those products or services, or other similar related products or services we think may be of interest.
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, web traffic and web activity through our website.
- To research and analyse habits so that we can improve our products, services and online content and customise this to individuals.
- To operate our website efficiently with a high level of functionality.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives, measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our website from other websites.
We allow third parties to place cookies and other identifiers on our website to collect information on your browsing history. The third parties use the information for marketing or advertising purposes and to display customised or targeted promotional, marketing or advertising material on our website and on other websites or social media sites that you visit. Currently at the date of this Privacy notice 16/05/2023 (and may change from time to time), third parties include Google Analytics, Alphabet, and LinkedIn.
4.2 Opting out from cookies and analytics
You may modify your browser settings to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to configure your computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them, you may not be able to make full use of our website.
4.3 Links to other websites and services
Our website may contain links to other sites which are not administered or governed by us. These are provided solely for the convenience of our visitors. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or how your personal information will be handled. We are not liable in respect of any use of these linked websites.
5. Accessing and correcting your personal information
Please contact us (as set out below) if you would like access to the personal information, we may hold about you or if you would like us to update or correct it. We may require further information to assist the retrieval of information and or verify your identity and reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for gaining access.
We will handle any request in accordance with the relevant privacy regulations. Generally, if requested we will amend any personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we are not able to provide access to any personal information or to correct any personal information held by us, we will provide reasons for declining to provide it.
Enquiries on how to access personal information can be emailed to: Info@centrix-consulting.com
5.2 Privacy Complaints
Any concerns that we have not adhered to our privacy obligations or to make a complaint please contact us. If you make a complaint, we will endeavour to respond and resolve any complaints as soon as possible. For more information about privacy generally, or if your compliant is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: www.privacy.org.nz
Privacy statement date 16/05/2023